This motif is a slightly modified version of a DMC pattern. I don't know the name of the book as I have only a couple of pages. The heading one of the pages says Motifs for applique. The page also has the DMC symbol.
I reduced the number of ds in the rings and the number of picots in the chain. As per the original instructions, the pattern is worked in 2 rounds. I used split rings to work this pattern.
The chain between rings 11 and 16 is another change I made. The original pattern has no chain.
I don't like the way the motif looks after I weaved in the ends. I is obvious I need lots more practice. I usually use the ends to sew the motif to fabric.
I want to try out the same motif increasing the number of picots in the rings. maybe that will be Number 4.